BLACK BOOK – Black Book recently published an update to their COVID-19 Market Updates, which includes:
- Current Wholesale Prices & Price Trends, including Auction Volume & Insights and Sales Rates
- Used Wholesale Price Trends & Projections, including a Small Pickups Segment Highlight (Historical Trends of the Segment)
- A Look at the Retail Vertical, including Retail Prices & Dealer Insights
- New Vehicle Sales Outlook, including Forecasted Economic Scenarios
- Used Vehicle Supply Projections, including Lease & Rental Unit Returns
Of note, the small pickup segment rebounded at a much faster pace than other segments as the lower price point made for a “good buy” at the auctions as consumer demand resumed due to loosening of restrictions. Wholesale values have increased for five consecutive weeks and at a higher percentage rate than the overall truck segment average over the past three weeks. Values have recovered roughly 3% over the past five weeks after seven prior weeks of declines totaling roughly 7%.
Read the full report here.
Originally posted on F&I and Showroom